New York City: Metropolitan

1/08/2016

New Year's Eve in New York City  

   
NYC skyline from Brooklyn.


Doing artsy things with BATWOMAN of Brooklyn.
[Photo cred: Anne Chung]

After many hesitations and almost backing out.
Glad I made the decision to go through with it.
2015, like most years - there were many ups and downs.
However, it felt like more downs. Trying to recovering from my one year adventure, finding some stability in life.
It was a good way to end my so-called "shitty" year with my plan A squad...
in NEW YORK CITY.

classic manhole 

New Year's Eve

where things never goes as plan. Atleast, not with us.
Leaving our Brooklyn apartment at 830 pm to get ourselves a seat in the hectic-ness of New York was our initial plan but turned into leaving 30 minutes before countdown and racing to the closest bar humanly possible.
Nonetheless, it was unforgettable.


NYE Squad
As per usual, every start of the new year...
All social media platforms are swarm with New Year - New You
So to join in on the trending post.

My 2016 resolution
for the next 12 months, 53 weeks, and 365 days

Train & run for one of many Toronto's races
Build that upper body strength
Drink more water
Read a book/month
Save $$$ for another year-long adventure
Unsubscribe to unnecessary emailing list
Find a career I love
GET that Canadian citizenship*

The Halal Guys - gyro, chicken and falafel
Massive line but worth the wait.
BUT don't worry fellow Torontonians, they are coming to Toronto in the near future. 
Radio city music hall

Times Square, NY.

can't say you've been to New York City unless you have been to Times Square... experiencing the hustling and bustling of the mix crowd of tourists and locals. Surrounded by billboards, skyscrapers, lights and heaps of people touching shoulder to shoulder. 
M&M's with attitude

Rockefeller center, NY.

Many 30 Rock episodes later many references from the Mindy Project, I made it!
   
The Rockefeller Centre, NY






TOP OF THE ROCK view.
weird question: Can you be our light person?

The Metropolitan Museum of Art 

in respect to the Louvre in Paris, this is the runner up of my favourite art museums.

Sometimes I find myself staring more at the architecture of the building than the art itself.
 
Modern and contemporary art
white flag - Jasper Johns
One of my favourite, I would love this as a piece in my future living space. 
walking through all parts of Asia
with beautiful architecture comes with beautiful flooring at the MET.
 

Other views of the city

Manhattan bridge - New York.  
fish eye scope of Central park, New York.
all of my people in one shot.
Central park, NY.
with my travel buddy on a rooftop in Brooklyn.
Token memory to the end of 2015 and start of 2016.
With the end of 2015, lets make 2016 a good one!

Up for recommendations of local NYC eats and places to check out
for my next visit. Feel free to comment below.


 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe