Why am I writing a blog?

2/15/2014

The main reason why I started this blog...

Friends often call me JLE. I am a twenty-something year old graduate with a BSc in biopharmaceutical sciences, genomics. Like most recent graduates, life after university was not full of sunshine and rainbows as it was promised when we were freshmen instead complete opposite. Born in Los Angeles, California raised in Toronto, Ontario and educated in the capital, Ottawa... now I am moving 6582km out to a beautiful city in Germany called Dresden on St. Patty's day. Instead of spending that day relishing myself in delicious green beer and obnoxious parties, I will be getting ready to start my adventure. With no plans, no return ticket... I packed up my life to start my adventure abroad. I have always been a firm believer that everything will fall into place when and where it needs to.

It's okay that I speak no word of German, right?

However, I do a own a little Lonely Planet's phrasebook, that should suffice for the time being... well at least, I hope so. There will definitely be a culture shock... & Of course, I will encounter a few bumps along the road but there is no preparing yourself for it, you will never be ready enough for anything that life throws at you. So don't let fear stop you from living your dream, take risk. To my fellow globetrotters, take a leap of faith because you will never know what you are missing out on until you experience it. & hey, I can't promise you sunshine and rainbows either but you will come out of this with plenty of stories and memories to last.
 
Tattoo I got spontaneously end of 2013 to remind me of my much needed adventure.
So much to the world than to stay still.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe