Germany: celebrating birthday abroad

5/15/2014


Dresden, Germany

This isn't my first birthday away from home, come to think of it I haven't celebrated my birthday at 'home' in quite some time... home is relative. It's just like any other day of the year, it's actually like New Years. I spend most of the day reflecting on the past year, where I am now and what I can do to better myself.

New age comes new resolutions, right?

Probably why I never make New Year's resolutions.
Though, is it just me or is it once you hit 21... time doesn't slow down for nothing. Birthdays tend to sneak up on you and I tend to not look forward to birthdays as much as I used to. All I really want is just to hit the 'pause' button. This year will be a fantastic year though! It has only been a short two months since I took my big leap of faith moving to a foreign land which now, I call home and during that time, I have met so many amazing new faces and am fortunate enough to have such an amazing and loving host family.

Cute surprise table setup from the kids
Classic German cake, otherwise known as black forest cake.
Cutest, Lennjah - Louis - Lotta

Thank you for such an amazing birthday!
& the delicious homemade eierschecke cake, no bakery will ever top it!
This has been quite an amazing birthday and a memorable one that is. & to think, I woke up this morning with the thought that it is just another day.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe