Germany: Dresdner stadtfest

8/18/2014



As a fellow Dresdner, one of the big festival is known as the:

Dresdner Stadtfest
 
A city festival. In other words, another reason for people to come together to drink beers, eat delicious food at various food stands and dance!

So turn down for what?

I definitely did not.... I felt it the next morning, that's for sure. Thank god for the greasy breakfast, bacon and eggs along with the good company and care. 
Stadtfest is an equivalent to Bunte Republik Neustadt (BRN). Something you shouldn't miss out if you're living or visiting Dresden. It has more of a carnival feel to it instead of the hippie-feel of BRN but nonetheless, it was a good time with good company despite the massive downpour. & to believe that London rains a lot, I have never been caught in the rain so many times in my life till my move here. Guess I'll take rain over snow any day.
Can't say I remember much of my first night but the magical Ferris wheel ride has to be my favorite, worth the 6€.
my heart is yours, Dresden.


good company.

girl, you the bomb.

fun Ferris wheel ride.
 
magical Ferris wheel.

On top of the world. Franz, my personal paparazzi.
Stadtfest had to end with a bang, FIREWORKS! The most amazing firework show I have seen to this day, it may have just topped Canada day at the parliament hill. With hundreds of people gathered together by the Elbe in front of the beautiful view of Altstadt. It took me by surprise when the sky lit up in colours, it was absolutely breathtaking. Pictures doesn't do its justice.
fireworks at Stadtfest.

fireworks at Stadtfest.

Thank you Dresden for making me fall in love with you all over again.
 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe