Germany: visit the promised land of Western Germany

8/13/2014

After many months of hearing about the promised land of Western Germany, I had to experience it and see it for myself. It was as if I entered a different country, rooftops changed in colour from bright orange to dark grey. People became more liberal and there were heaps of international people.

First stop: Köln.

Maybe it was the weather, but Köln just looked a little dark and depressing. I really expected Köln to be a city as beautiful as Dresden but instead it was full of buildings of the 70s. Architectural wise, I was not impressed but fashion-wise, that is a whole different story. Everyone was so well dressed, definitely the European style I was anticipating for before my big move. Thumbs up for the party scene though! Köln people definitely knows how to party even if most of the time they are playing 'Schlager' music, which I do wish I understood more. For brief, it is basically top hits of German music. Everyone sings along and dance like crazy people... my cup of tea. After all, Köln is known for its fifth season, carnival season which commences Nov 11th @ 11am annually. Maybe I will join in the mayhem this year.


The famous Kölner Dom

The streets of Köln.

Endless amount of bars and restaurants.

Second stop: Düsseldorf

Oh, Düsseldorf. This city definitely has more of a charm to it. The most beautiful people I have ever seen are walking the streets of Düsseldorf along with its beautiful nature space right in the center of the city. It has a good mixture of the old and the new city. Exactly what I imagined the European lifestyle to be like. Thankfully, I am not living in this city though otherwise I will be one broke ass chick with all the shopping I will be doing. I should move here next!
Konigsallee

River Rhine.

Altstadt Düsseldorf.

Third stop: Remscheid

Cutest little town otherwise known as Julia's hometown. Who is the one reason why I made my journey out to the west of Germany. In such a short time, she has been one of my best girlfriend here in Germany and now she is off to start her own adventure in Australia. I can not express how much I will miss you girl. Safe travels and I will see you in the future wherever we both are.
Seilbahn.

Top view.


Schloss Burg otherwise known as Castle castle?

In between the alleyways of Schloss burg.

Müngstener Brücke 

 
Hans Im Glück, Wuppertal.
almost as delicious as chez Lucien.





























Another adventure in the books, off to another.
Perhaps Hamburg or Munich next?


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe