Germany: Hiking sundays is a thing

4/06/2014

House on the hill
Unlike Canada, where there is a need of a holiday call 'family day'... Sundays here in Deutschland is family day, nothing is open for business besides selected cafés/bars/restaurants. A little hard to adjust cause for myself I was used to shops and streets being just as busy as any other days during the week. However, I think it is nice to dedicate one day out of a busy work week to spend time with the family. Most of us get too caught up with work that we forget the people around us and it is sad that is the social norm, 9-5 jobs. To see people enjoying nature rather than having city centers all packed, it's a change and good one. Well my point is, instead of doing unnecessary shopping which, I probably would have done in Neustadt if shops were open... I went on a hiking adventure.
Beyond the trees lie a beautiful city

Well, let me tell you. This view is beautiful but I was not prepared for this hike up the hill, I was told we were going on a long walk with the dogs but turned out to be a 5 hour trek to what seems like an endless trail to nowhere. However, it was damn worth it! Thankfully, I wore proper gear. At the peak of our hike, there lies a castle (of course...). You can see the ruins and what is left of it after the bombing...

truly a hidden gem!

Hidden gem at the peak of the hike
Another view
 
I am exhausted! Gute Nacht!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe