Germany: Bunte Republik Neustadt

6/14/2014


Dresden, Germany

Bunte Republik Neustadt (BRN) these are the first few words I heard when I arrived to Dresden and it is all people talk about until the weekend of... so of course, I had quite a build up to what is known as the 'best' street festival in the city and it can't be missed. I even postpone my Dubai trip for it... & it was definitely worth it. A weekend long street festival, starting Friday night and lasts till Sunday, unfortunately I was only there for Friday and Saturday but that was more than enough for me. It is definitely a sight to remember, thousands of people in Neustadt at shoulder to shoulder and where they come from? Who knows...
Endless amount of food stands with random alcoholic concoctions from local residents of Neustadt some of which, even had beer bongs coming from their balcony to the street with a bucket on a pulley to collect money for every beer poured down the bong.
In the day, it is more family orientated involving more local stands selling hand made items. One stand had a lady making flower crowns... the most beautiful flower crown ever. Of course, I couldn't turn it down and ended up waiting in line for about an hour.
However, by night it is truly when BRN starts well in my opinion. Every street is a party, walking by every block it is hard not to stop and dance. I am surprise that the various music don't clash with each other... but instead, you'll be dancing to electro at one block and drum&bass at the other.

BRN during the day.

MUSIC, BEER, STREET FOOD, this is life in Germany.

LOST?

Bier Bong on the street of BRN, 2euro/bier.
Truly an experience that can not be missed.
So if anyone is ever going to visit Germany, come to Dresden the second week of June to experience this for yourself.






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe