Germany: Oktoberfest/Wiesn

10/06/2014

Munich, Germany


Welcome to Munich, Germany.
Another off the bucket list, Oktoberfest 2014 conquered with the help of my partner in crime, Janne.
Oktoberfest in Munich, Germany otherwise known as the Wiesn. One of the world largest beer festival in the world. Definitely an experience that I don't know if I would like to repeat again. Not that it was not fun, it was an amazing time. A drunken mess to be more precise but once is more than enough for me. I don't know how people do it, drink before 10am and continue till late afternoon or sometimes till close... & most of the time, this is repeated everyday for x amount of days. I only made it out to the wiesn 2 out of the 4 days I was there but I was physically exhausted, for which I felt I needed a week to completely recover. Sorry liver.
Oktoberfest 2014.
 
Cute dirndl #1.
There were numerous different tents serving various brews from Bavaria. However, we only made it to one tent, Fischer Vroni. It was one of the tent that were relatively easier to get in, we managed to get a table under 15 minutes. Impressive? I must say so. Many mass biers later, we joined in on table dancing, which is a lot safer than sitting down. Along with meeting various people from all over as well making friends with the security and chef from the kitchen. This was a plus! Made is so much easier to get in the same tent on the Friday, which happens to be a holiday throughout Germany. Tents were full by 11am... and I did not make it out to the wiesn till about 17:00! So my tip to people who don't want to pay the expensive prices of table reservation at Oktoberfest. I say go on the weekday when its not so busy, get drunk and make friends with the security and staff there.
Fischer Vroni Brew Tent.

Lederhosen, Dirndl, table dancing, and Mass Bier.

Proooooost!


Conquered Oktoberfest.

Hearts, Hearts, Hearts.

Here to my partner in crime:

Thank you for the good company along with the many nights of silly pillow talks.
Partner in crime for 4days.

Squeezed in a bit of sightseeing

Managed to do a bit of sightseeing during the hustle and bustle of Oktoberfest. Though it was only one stop, Marienplatz... better than nothing.
Frauenkirche


Stained glass.
Home sweet home, back to beautiful Dresden along with my handsome dude.
It was only a four day venture but I came back to a sweet surprise... maybe I should leave more often?
My dude at Dresden Hauptbahnhof.
Munich, you treated me well. Now time for a detox, at least my poor liver will appreciate that.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe