Journal entry from VIETNAM

3/01/2016

results of looking through old journal entries and memory cards
PHOTO DIARY of VIETNAM

Only the beginning of my travel bug symptoms, wanderlust...
What only began as an idea my mother suggested turns out to us flying 22 hours east to Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam immediately a few days after I wrote my last exam that semester. Boarded the first Greyhound bus back to Toronto then onto the plane.
04.27.2012 @ 01:30 - saying goodbye to the men of the family. Let's hope they survive without my mother for the next two months. With an extremely long flight ahead, it is only reasonable to adjust my sleep schedule on the plane with endless hours of movies and books.


 

HO CHI MINH CITY, VN

22 hours flight later, landed in Ho Chi Minh City. From 10 degree in Toronto to a scorching 32 degrees. Not only all the honking and hustle of cars, bikes and people of the city was over whelming enough. There were all these unfamiliar faces calling out my name at the airport.
Shortly after landing, made a friend in Ho Chi Minh City, who introduced me to 'fertilized quail eggs' - that is surprisingly delicious. Few days later was invited to my first authentic Vietnamese wedding in Can Tho. 

So some where along my way to Grandma's house, I'll be stopping by Can Tho.
Advantage of being jetlagged, your up before the city comes alive
 
but first, COFFEE. 
Traditional Vietnamese style coffee, filtered Espresso with gooey condense milk makes a great combination
Streets of Ho Chi Minh City
 
One of the 12 family members on my dad's side, we call him 'Uncle 11'.

Tiny little banana snack
Favourite dessert: coconut ice cream in fresh coconut topped with fruits with coconut juice on the side
Very spiritual and zen
the forbidden fruit on all planes - DURIAN
Bike is life
 

 PHU QUOC ISLAND, VN

possibly my favourite
locals are friendly - delicious fresh seafood serve right in front of you
beautiful nature and sea side
 
 
FISH-CLAMS-SCALLOPS-SQUID, all fresh
Night market of Phu Quoc Island.
 
Dirt road of Phu Quoc
 Hard to say goodbye to such a paradise, PHU QUOC.
fertilized quail eggs (right)

 When traveling, travel in style


kidding, only when its a reclining bus seat like these one
then definitely go with this option.
Canadian Greyhound buses can learn a thing or two from VN.
luxury traveling
 South, south we go.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe