Germany: Knüppelteig night

3/29/2014


Elbe river from the Pillnitz.
As the sun sets across the Elbe river. I am on my way over to a bonfire with the family. They have been more than welcoming, took me in as their own and their friends are just as lovely. Very open and social, couldn't have been a better fit. I have learned so much in these short few weeks and slowly meeting new people. I am definitely getting more accustomed to the change that I have been anticipated for the past few months.

Bonfire with host family and friends

Interesting and tasty German tradition, knüppelteig.

Basically translates to bread on a stick, it simply consist of putting raw dough on a stick and cooking it to a crisp over a fire. So instead of enjoying the usual s'more goodness, I got to enjoy nice fresh bread over a fire. Definitely doing this in Canada whenever I return.



 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe