Germany: visit Leipzig, the city of classical music

7/07/2014

Leipzig, Germany

Home of Bach, the famous composer. A city of classical music and beautiful architecture, on the latter all of Europe is comprised of beautiful architecture. I have yet to see anything that has not taken my breath away.
After many failed trip plans to Leipzig, I finally made it. Considering it is only an hour bus ride away from Dresden... don't know why I did not make it here sooner. Well I am sure this will not be my first and last visit, there are still so many places to see and venture to in this city.

LEIPZIG ENDLICH


Operahaus, Leipzig

Of course, there has to be castles.

Madler Passage, Leipzig

In love with this building.

Cityscape
Who would have thought, I would be canoeing down the canal this Sunday afternoon otherwise I would have dressed appropriately. Cute dress and summer sandals, I would not call that quite the canoeing attire...
Two amateurs in one canoe, I have to say we were probably everyone's prime entertainment this afternoon. I would have much prefer a tutorial before getting into one but guess learning on the way is not so bad. After multiple crashes into other canoes along with hitting the shore, we finally got the hang of it. As well as almost flipping over the canoe to save a pair of ray bans due to the distraction of half naked men rowing the boat... I must say it was quite an eventful 2h along the canal. Definitely would do it again! Would have not spend my Sunday any other way.  

Karl Hein Kanai, Leipzig


Street art of Leipzig

Bach statue, Thomaskirche.

Old mayor's place
Partner in crime
Three musketeers staying out of trouble.
 
To many more summer adventure! A fantastic day in Leipzig with these lovely people.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe